Thursday, September 13, 2007

Nothing to say really...

This has been a pretty uneventful week here on the island. It's gone by quickly though so that is GRRRREAT! We can tell that the weather is starting to cool off a bit so that is very exciting. We are a little worried about how we will survive the winter in our concrete house that holds in the heat and cold and does not have a heater. I hear it's pretty miserable, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there (and probably complain about it too). Right now all that is on my mind is, " Six hours until the weekend!" and also "What might I find in my food today?" and "I wonder if the donut shop is still open?"

We leave for Taipei in the morning and are excited to explore the city. We will meet up with Angela and Shaun sometime tomorrow at our hotel-- they are in the air right now!! Really excited to see that Taipei 101 and go to a jazz festival during the day!

The highlight of my week was something imaginary:
On our walk home from work one night there was an ambulance stopped in the street with its lights flashing and sirens blaring. There was absolutely noone around. As we walked by we saw that the bed was inside of it, so I dared Emily to get in and lay there until the paramedics came back. I thought how funny it would be to just watch as they brought down someone who actually needed the ambulance to find Emily lying there. I bet it would be really funny, especially because everything Asians do it funnier for some reason. Of course Emily didn't do it, but I still laugh just thinking about it. I really don't know why, but it's such a funny image to me. Oh dear.

Well I know that all my fans out there were probably dying to know what I have been up to--I've gotten lots of emails asking me to update my blog. Right. This blog makes me feel a bit narcissistic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

From the ER crowd--you really are a nut!

the schilps said...

bethany joy!! i happened upon your blog through sarah head's blog. so good to hear you are travelling... maybe i can live vicariously through you, and let you eat all the crazy things i couldn't stomach. i am assuming you are teaching, and, hopefully that is going well. i would love to hear more if you get a chance.
so much love to you sister.
abbe

the schilps said...

i forgot to leave my email:
abbejowhite@yahoo.com

the bakks said...

What?? Nothing to SAY?? Bethany?!

P.S. That stationary was by far the greatest piece of mail I've opened in awhile. We have it on the fridge for easy access...we pick it up and read random phrases off of it and laugh at how funny it is when things get translated so pathetically!

Oh - and say hi to Sam for us! We like him.