Friday, September 7, 2007

HOORAY FOR THE WEEKEND

In all my days I have never needed a weekend more than today. Spending seven hours a day with eight three year olds then another hour and a half with eleven ten year olds is really not what I envisioned myself doing when I was younger. I'm pretty sure I lost my mind a bit this week. I love my kids but I do not miss them when the day is over...

Phrases I say at least 30 times a day:

-Be quiet!
-Be quiet NOW!
-BEEEEE QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEET!
-Sit down!
-Sit down NOW!
-IF YOU DONT SIT DOWN YOU ARE GOING TO TIME OUT!
-Go to time out.
-Go to time out NOW!
-Go sit outside.
-Stop crying.
-Stop picking your nose!
-GET YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR NOSE!
-Keep eating.
-Put your hand on your spoon!
-Go get a tissue.
-No running.
-Sit still.
-Pay attention!
-Get your hand out of your pants!
-Pull up your pants!
-Put on your shoes!
-Flush the toilet!
-Dry your hands!
-Color inside of the lines.
-No pushing!
-No hitting!
-No hitting Teachers!
-I don't understand Chinese!

You get the idea. No wonder I've lost my voice. They have become like my children, we see them more than their parents do. I am so glad it's the weekend.

3 comments:

D.O. said...

have they taught you "ting bu dong" yet? it's valuable.

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Hi Bethany, Your Mom shared your blog address with me so I could visit and see your neat pics of your stay in Taiwan. We have been praying for you...so far from home. We're in Small Group Study with you parents on Wednesday evenings from TBC. I got a kick out of your post...yep...sounds like parenthood! (only with a LOT of kids ;-) Hang in there, Blessings, Diane

Unknown said...

Sounds like you mother's lament about 18 years ago.