Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gross

I just got home and opened up the fridge to get a snack, but what I found was a roach crawling around inside. How did it get there? How long was he in there? As I was trying to get someone else to come kill him, he crawled out of the egg tray, over the top of the door and around the side back into a dark shadow. Dirty little bugger. They have such nerve.

Two months ago I probably would have needed to be rushed to the hospital and would have spent at least 10-12 days on bedrest, but today I was pretty calm about it. I am surprised (and proud) to learn that nothing really shocks me anymore, and I can have such a confrontation with a roach without having instant heart failure. I am a success story. Yay me!

However, I'm not really all that excited that I don't mind roaches anymore, because when I sit here and think about it, I still feel that they are the most disgusting and repulsive things that walk the earth. And the fact that I see so many that they don't bother me is really sad. I can't believe that I saw a roach in my refrigerator and didn't have an appropriate reaction.

Well that's enough about roaches.

5 comments:

scang111 said...

I concur with the fact that Roaches are the most reviling creatures on earth. But you have to get used to them when you live in certain places.

You should have just closed the fridge again till you found someone to "take care of it" for you. It's already climbed all over everything :( so what's a few more minutes?

scang111 said...

(This is Angela by the way, sorry!)

the bakks said...

gross, Bethany...seriously. On the gross note, last night when I was walking in from the laundry room, something tickled my leg, I realized that something was MOVING, and screamed (woke up da bebe) and did a little (okay big) jig in the kitchen (you know, glorified hallway) - I ended up RIPPING my pants off and watching a HUGE brown spider crawl out from the pant leg...ohmyword. It really was large. And I really did scream, before AND after J killed it. Anyway, so my spider made me think of your roach. Don't times like that make you wonder what the heck God is preparing you for?!? :)

Unknown said...

Ah you're a whimp. I got to chase a field mouse away from my Middle School students today. Still I'm glad to hear you're not as bad as your mother.

She used to stand on a chair and a can of raid when she saw bug--even when she lived in Columbia!

the bakks said...

got your email - did you get mine? waiting...