Thursday, September 6, 2007

Earthquake

Last night I woke up to the unsettling feeling of my bed rocking all over the place--the first earthquake I have felt since being here. I read a news report that said it lasted 30 seconds--that's a long time!!!!. It was scary because it was so long. Taiwan has earthquakes pretty often, they say about 200 per month, but you can't usually feel them becasue they're just tremors. There was a big one last December that killed 2 people, and in 1998 that killed over 2000. I have lots of respect for the earth's power to totally demolish me. Anyway, found a an article about it this morning, take a look:

earthquake

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What did Emily think of the quake? .. since she has been in more than a few.
Lois H.

Unknown said...

That sounds about as long as the one we had here in June. But I gotta ask, are you sure you hadn't just seen the man of your dreams? "I feel the earth move under my feet.."

:)