Wednesday, November 14, 2007

this is the day

I just want to make sure that everyone reads this sign.

Well, it's two days to my birthday, I have recieved several great packages in the mail--thanks for remembering me! I tell you what, care packages are the best thing that ever happened to this country. I am looking forward to my birthday, I can't help it--I love birthdays whether they're mine or not. But I'm turning 24??? Really?????? I think of what other people have accomplished by that age and it makes me feel a littly panicky. I still haven't even gotten a real job yet! I have had fake jobs my whole life so far! Anyway, I will try to be positive about it and not unreasonable. 24 is the new 21.

Today is that day I have every two weeks when I feel like I absolutely have to get out of here or I will go mad. Usually I love work and the kids and everything, but on these days I want to just hide in a cabinet somewhere. On days like this I secretly look at flights home... just to remind myself that I can't afford it right now anyway. But I have learned to recognize that it's just one day, every few weeks, and that there will be many more, but I will survive. It really doesn't help to know that my whole family will be getting together in Canyon Lake to celebrate Thanksgiving and I wont be there. And I still have to make a pie in my toaster oven which is actually really intimidating me for some reason. I have thought about it every day for at least a month.

Right now I can hear: the kittens pawing at my door in the hallway, scooters zooming by, the garbage truck playing its familiar music, a man speaking loudly in Chinese, and some strange and unidentifyable buzzing noise somewhere outside. As soon as I typed that everything went absolutely quiet so it's kind of freaking me out.

Anyway, even though I don't have much to say, I wanted to write something to keep the blog alive. Hope everyone out there is well and enjoying fall--my favorite time of year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Know what you mean about missing Turkey Day with the family. Eh, Canyon Lake is always cloudy and miserably cold on Thanksgiving. Besides last I saw you at a Thanksgiving meal you managed to break a finger tossing the football. At least you're safe in your little apartment with your pet cat.

Wow on this birthday, you'll finally be over 1/2 my age. If its any consolation you'll always be my little brat niece Gwethany.

Unc Rick

Unknown said...

One other thing. I love your blog.

Bethany said...

Yeah, my finger still hurts actually. If I hadn't listened to you lot saying "Be a man Bethany! it's just jammed!" I wouldn't have waited to go to the doctor for a month, and I could have had surgery while it was still broken and it would work properly now. But I'm over it... almost.